AAV Student Members
Benefits of Student Membership
AAV has a student membership committee and several programs to assist with avian scholastic, academic, and private practice programs.
Students benefit from their AAV membership when they:
- Enter the student sponsors/lottery program - Since 2007, the goal of the AAV has been to sponsor every student who applies for membership
- Participate in mentor program
- Receive a list of internship/externship opportunities
- Receive direction, guidance and advice as it relates to externship, internship and residency opportunities
- Participate in our annual showcase of students' efforts as they relate to externships, research projects, and fund raising activities
- Learn more about the study of avian medicine
- Network with practicing veterinarians and other veterinary students
- Enter the annual student manuscript competition
- Attend web conferencing which will soon augment academic programs.
AAV Student Members Receive:
Quality Publications Every Year:
•Quarterly issues of the “Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery”, a high quality scientific journal.
•Access to online and flash drive Conference Proceedings.
•AAV Newsletter Monthly
•AAV Clinical Forum (periodical)
•Client Education Materials including our newly updated client education brochures in 9 different titles.
•AAV NewsLink E-mails: our efforts to keep you updated on all industry and association related news.
•Opportunity to submit clinical papers in the annual Student Edition of the Newsletter.
•Access to members only content including online access to the Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery including past and current journal issues, access to our online Membership Directory, AAV Newsletter and Clinical Forum archive, AAV job postings, Internship/Externship listings, and much more coming!
•Access to our Facebook and Twitter pages where you can interact with other members.
•Career Center: AAV has teamed with the Veterinary Career Network (VCN). We now offer hundreds of nationwide veterinarian and veterinary career job listings, career development services, and more than a thousand active resumes.
•Industry leading education
•Continuing education opportunities
•Great discounts on products, programs, and annual conferences
•Recognition by your colleagues and clients of a commitment to the welfare of the avian patient
•An opportunity to support Avian Research and Conservation
•Multiple scholarship opportunities
•Support of veterinary students and technicians
•Veterinary students are eligible for free access to the Veterinary Information Network (VIN). VIN is free to veterinary students who provide their university assigned student email address (often .edu or .ac), the name of the university they are attending, the degree they are earning, and the date (month and year) they expect to graduate. Visit them at http://www.vin.com/VIN.plx
*Another student benefit includes an open invitation to submit clinical papers for the Students joining as individuals are placed in a lottery for sponsorship. As AAV Active Members donate to the student membership fund, names are drawn and the original $30 membership fee is refunded to the student.