Association of Avian Veterinarians (AAV) members receive many benefits including:
- One-year subscription to the officially recognized international publication for this specialty area: Journal of Avian Medicine and Surgery (JAMS). The Journal is published quarterly
- Online access to JAMS E-Journal
- Discounted Annual Conference registration fees.
- Online access to Annual Conference proceedings (2004 – last conference)
- Online access to past proceedings from the European Committee (EAAV) and the Australasian Committee (AAVAC)
- Online access to the Avian Publication Library featuring a series of 13 avian species pet care brochures and our client education series (topics such as feather loss, basic care, behavior, signs of illness, and more). These digital files are all complimentary to current members for use with your clients in PDF format
- Members’ clinics listing in the AAV Find a Veterinarian service
- Online education resources, including the E-Learning Portal, in partnership with the World Veterinary Association and the World Continuing Education Alliance, and The Golden Egg: Avian Medicine Topics
- Monthly e-newsletter and periodic email notifications to keep you updated on industry and association-related news.
- Members only access to the AAV website including the Membership Directory and other member’s only benefits.
- Teaming with the Veterinary Career Network (VCN), the AAV Career Center offers veterinary job listings and career development services.
- The AAV mentor program is an outreach program designed to welcome new members and students to avian medicine and the association.