Nico J. Schoemaker, DVM, PhD, Dipl ECZM (Small Mammal & Avian), Dipl ABVP-Avian
Yvonne van Zeeland, DVM, MS, PhD, Dipl ECZM
Bob Doneley BVSc FANZCVS CMAVA
UQ Veterinary Medical Centre, School of Veterinary Science
The University of Queensland, Australia
James M. Harris, OAM, BS, DVM, FRSPH
Mayfair Veterinary Clinic
Brisbane Bird and Exotics Veterinary Service
Andres Montesinos, DVM, MS
Centro Veterinario Los Sauces
Medical Center for Birds
Get to know the AAV International Committee members by clicking on their name or following this link.
The AAV International Committee strives to promote and support AAV membership on an international level, with an extra emphasis on those coming from developing nations.
In 2013, the following charges and goals for the AAV International Committee were set:
- To communicate international needs to the AAV Board
- To develop and improve the role of country representatives, especially in developing countries, and especially with respect to growing AAV membership
- To collect and collate country reports each year
- To investigate issues relating to AAV membership in different countries and to recommend potential solutions to the Board
- Potentially to develop and organize AAV sponsored meetings in new regions
- Provide a route whereby international members can bring avian “political” matters to the notice of the AAV, obtain advice and use this to put AAV’s view to their Government - i.e. to use AAV as a resource in non-US matters rather than a direct presence
- To improve the international standards of veterinary care for avian species
In trying to achieve these goals, the International Committee works closely together with several other committees, such as the Education Committee and Membership Committee. The International Committee is furthermore responsible for selecting the recipient(s) of the AAV Conference Scholarship.
Interested in getting involved? Contact the committee chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.