are interested in becoming a Lab Assistant for the 2014 Conference, please complete
the Lab Assistant Application.
Lab Assistant Information and Policies
Lab Assistants will be working under the direction of the Lab
Coordinator, Dr. Steve Metz, as well as the Presenter for each Lab. You will be notified of your Lab
Assistant assignment in July 2014, via email.
please take the following steps:
- Register and pay for the conference. For complete program, go
to our website at www.aav.org under the Conference tab.
- Complete the Assistantship Application and fax, email or mail
it to the Conference Office by June 15, 2014.
Labs: Tuesday, August 5
*Indicates sessions that are open to Technicians
- Introduction to Avian Laser Surgery
(Advanced) - Douglas
Mader, Session 3005
- Avian Radiography: Technique & Interpretation
(Intermediate)* - Ryan
Devoe, Session 3050
- Surgical Procedures of the Psittacine
Skull (Intermediate-Advanced) - Brian
Speer & Scott Echols, Session 3010
- Avian Female Reproductive Tract Surgery
(Advanced) - Brian
Speer & Scott Echols, Session 3055
- Egg Diagnosis (Basic - Advanced)* - J.
Jill Heatley, Session 3060
- Anesthesia/Emergency Support &
Diagnostic Surgical Techniques (Basic - Intermerdiate)* - Laurie
Degernes, Session 3015
- Bird Basics: Grooming, Sample
Collection, and Techniques Common in Avian Medicine (Basic)* - Julie
Whittington, Session 3065
- Orthopedic Management of the Avian Wing
(Intermediate-Advanced) - Julie
Ponder, Session 3020
- Getting Your Hands Wet with Fish: How
to Work Up Fish Cases (Basic - Advanced)* - Lester
Khoo / Drury Reavill / Mike Corcoran, Session 3025
- Avian Necropsy (Intermediate -
Advanced)* - Gerry
Dorrestein, Session 3070
- How to Intubate Almost any Exotic
Companion Mammal* - Angela
Lennox / Daniel Johnson, Session 3075
Questions? Contact the
Conference Office at 608-268-4714 or email@example.com.