AAV – State & Country – Representatives
The duties for State and Country – Representatives of the Association of Avian Veterinarians are as follows:
1. 1 To advance and promote the development of avian medicine and surgery amongst clinicians in their own country.
1. 2 To promote amongst bird owners the need for and the use of avian clinicians and avian specialists within their own country.
1. 3 To serve as a link between the AAV central office and their own state and national AAV members (AAV liaison).
2. Required Actions
Required actions to be carried out for AAV on a routine basis are as follows:
2. 1 To promote interest in avian medicine and surgery, within veterinary faculties and student groups within their own country.
2. 2 To encourage and support avian veterinary clinician interest groups within their own country.
2. 3 To ensure that whenever possible those interested in avian medicine are informed of the AAV and the benefits of membership.
2. 4 To maintain an electronic data base of all their national AAV members and other clinicians with an avian interest, so that all AAV activities (calls for papers, conferences etc) can be brought to their attention in a timely manner.
2. 5 To bring any issues raised by their state and national avian veterinarians to the attention of AAV.
2. 6 To send a report on current state and country related issues to the AAV central office at least twice a year and not later than February 1st and August 1st each year.
2. 7 To send material to the AAV board on a regular basis in order to keep the website updated to serve as a forum and general information platform for all members.
2. 8 To immediately send a report to the AAV central office in cases of relevant issues which are of general interest for AAV members.